Devcore Construction is currently seeking a Construction Project Manager. Reporting to the Vice President, the incumbent is responsible for the day-to-day management of large-scale residential construction projects, coordinating the project team, ensuring proper execution of contracts and carrying out work.
- He is responsible for the planning, execution and closing of the projects for which he is responsible.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, estimating, cost control, administration and personnel.
- Collaborates with the Vice-President in planning project phases.
- Analyzes plans and specifications.
- Assists and advises other members of the project team to ensure that quality, schedules and budgets are respected, taking into account all constraints.
- Schedules work in collaboration with the superintendent and determines logistical requirements for the site.
- Defines scope of work for various specialties and awards contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Facilitate various project-related meetings (launch, follow-up, post-mortem, etc.). Organize weekly internal meetings to ensure proper communication of information and coordination of resources.
- Provide on-site presence and support to the project team.
- Supervise and direct the work of employees and subcontractors.
- Ensure compliance and enforcement of occupational health and safety policies and standards on job sites.
- Monitor work progress, inspect and ensure compliance.
- Ensures that corrective measures requested are taken by subcontractors.
- Ensure that documents are controlled and forwarded to the right people.
- Checks the conformity of shop drawings and other technical documents submitted.
- Processes contractual changes with partners.
- Oversees solutions to technical problems encountered.
- Supervise, in collaboration with the Superintendent, work cycles and detailed three-week schedules.
- Supervise preparation of monthly payment requests.
- Verify invoices and approve time sheets.
- Write various reports, memos and update tracking charts.
- Prepare final delivery of units.
- Serve customers and contribute to customer service management.
- Perform all related tasks.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction project management
- In-depth knowledge of applicable construction laws, regulations and procedures
- Quebec ASP construction card
- Experience in studying plans, specifications and addendums
- Computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office suite
- Bilingual, able to communicate orally and in writing in French & English
Skills and abilities required
- People management skills: leadership/teamwork/work ethic/motivation
- Master the project management process
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Negotiate winning and innovative solutions
- Manage priorities, risks and stressful situations
You’re just in time! Exceptional people contribute to the excellence of our company.
Explore our exciting career opportunities on Indeed or apply online by completing the application form. Be sure to attach your CV so we can learn more about you. We’re always on the lookout for the best candidates.
Don’t hesitate to contact us today at 819-663-7777.
We sincerely thank you for your confidence and interest in Groupe Devcore.